22 March 2012

Engine Reassembly #6

The cylinder head masked off and ready for paint.  This thing was a pain in
the ass to tape off.

Primed.

Painted.

Reassembly started with the cam chain rollers.

The valves looked terrible.

I taped off the stems and gave each one a quick bead blasting.  Good as new.

Under all of the carbon the valves were in good shape but since it had been
sitting for so long I figured it would be a good idea to lap them.

The valve seat after lapping.

The valve bits and torsion bars were pretty easy to install.

I notched out a piece of pipe to assist in twisting the torsion bars into
position.  I've seen a lot of people recommend cutting a notch out of a
socket to accomplish the same thing but scrap pipe was a lot easier to
part with than a socket.  Easier to cut and grind I would assume too.

No comments:

Post a Comment