10 March 2012

Engine Reassembly #4

Masked and primed the cylinders.

It was a little tough getting decent paint coverage between all of the fins
without laying on too thick but I think it turned out pretty good.

After sitting for several years the cylinders definitely needed to be honed.

I bead blasted the piston crowns to get all of the built up carbon off of them
and then gave them a quick buff.

I installed a new set of rings on each piston and inserted into the bottom of
the cylinders.

Sliding the cylinders into place.

It took several tries to get things sorted.  I got everything installed on the
first try and then realized that in my excitement I had forgotten to install
the circlips so I had to remove the cylinders and pistons and start over.
On about the 5th try I got it right, circlips and all.  The black cylinders
contrast nicely with the bright aluminum color of the crankcase.

The pistons, back where they belong.

The "rebuilt" starter back in place.

Another view of the starter.

The starter sprocket and chain.

No comments:

Post a Comment