01 March 2012

Engine Reassembly #1

Now that the crankcase halves are painted it's time to start reassembling the engine.  One nice thing about this process is that I can do it in the basement at all hours of the night without worrying about waking up the neighbors.

Clean and ready to go.

The oil separator went in first.  I used blue Loktite on the screws because
some of them were really short and the last thing I want is one of them
vibrating loose.

The kickstart assembly went in next and that was it for the bottom half.

My little makeshift engine stand has really come in handy lately.

Gearshift forks went in first.

And then the camshaft.

All of the oil seals have been replaced with OEM seals from BikeBandit.com

The transmission with new oil seals in place.

Don't worry, I didn't forget the cam chain.  The next step will be to seal the
upper and lower halves together and crack on with the rest of the assembly.

No comments:

Post a Comment