22 February 2012

The Crankcase #2

We finally got a warm(ish) day where it wasn't raining so I decided to take advantage of it and paint the crankcase halves.  In anticipation of nicer weather this week I had been prepping everything and making sure I had the necessary supplies on hand.  I had cleaned the case halves previously but they had a lot of WD-40 on them so the first step of the day was to degrease them.

Soaking in a coat of degreaser.

Masking is one of my least favorite parts.

Primed and ready for paint.

Both halves masked and primed.

Three light coats of paint.  I pleasantry surprised at how close the paint
color resembles bare cast aluminum.

Drying in the safety of the garage.  I moved them into the basement after
letting them air out for a few hours so they can continue to dry in a
constant temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment