03 December 2011

1974 Honda CB360

Here are a few pics of the latest addition to my (slowly) growing motorcycle collection.  This little beauty is a 1974 Honda CB360 that I picked up in Newark, OH.  Everything is stock with the exception of the air boxes that one of the previous owners had discarded in favor of a pair of crap uni-filters.  Thanks to the miracle of eBay I've already acquired a pair of NOS air filter units and a pair of original air box covers.  The missing hardware has been ordered from CMS in the Netherlands and should be here in a couple of weeks.

This bike was pretty well maintained, the throttle sticks a little and seat has
a couple of rips but other than that I haven't found any issues (famous last words).

There is a pretty good sized scratch in the paint/graphic on the tank but
no dents.  The previous owner had scuffed something along it somehow.

Not a bad looking bike.  I'm going to strip it down over the winter and go
over everything to check for wear and tear.  The carbs will need a thorough
cleaning at the very least, maybe even a rebuild.

All told I'm very pleased with this purchase.  I managed to get it started after an oil change, new plugs, new battery (that I pulled from the 450).  I had to remove the uni-filters to get enough air through to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment